Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Finding Nashville Buyers For Short Sales

I am still a fledgling lawyer. Mainly because I have only been licensed a year. Even more so, because I am still at my old job and doing law on the side. Law by myself on the side. So I am getting less experience and less money. Maybe someday this will change, but that is my reality right now.

Recently, a man I work with asked me to help his step-daughter. Her husband died suddenly, and she can'f afford her house anymore. She wants to do a short sale or maybe a deed in lieu of foreclosure. I went to talk with her tonight about her options. I told her we need to find buyers for houses in Nashville, find someone who wants a great deal on a beautiful new home. The home is beautiful, and they hardly lived in it. It would be lovely for a family.

I got paid for the third time as a lawyer today, in connection with this situation, and feel the awesome responsibility of a professional hired to help someone with a pressing problem. I feel a little scared, but a little energized, but a little proud of myself. Just sayin'

No comments: