Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Wanting To Be A Volunteer At The 2012 Olympics

I love the Olympic Games, especially the summer ones, and have enjoyed them for years. A few months before the Greek Games started, I came up with the idea of trying to be a volunteer. Unfortunately, it was really too late at that point to apply, and the pickings were slim. They did have one volunteer job for me, but it wasn't of interest to me, so I declined.

This time, I am on top of my Olympic game, so to speak. I have already inquired as to how to be a volunteer and will apply at the appropriate time. It will be costly to be a volunteer, so it needs to be something I really want to do. If it is the right position, it will be worth the time and money. After all, it will be worth a lifetime of memories.

If I go, I need to start thinking about cameras, maybe do a video camera hire or camcorder hire. It would be fun to record the sights and sounds of the Olympics,and who knows, maybe using a camera would even be part of my job.

I don't have a really good camera, just a small digital one, so I am sure I would need to do a camera hire rather than spend a lot of money on something new. I used to own a Nikon, so I might check into those cameras again, or maybe do a canon lens hire. I would need something that would record excellent photos and allow me freedom of creativity that my little digital camera just doesn't provide.

No comments: