Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pet Star

Guest post written by Christine Duncan

Has anyone else seen Pet Star? It's amazing! It comes on Animal Planet almost every morning (it may come on other times too, but the early morning is when I catch it - my daughter and I keep it on as we're getting her ready for school). It's basically a talent show for pets. There are talking birds, dancing dogs, and cats with crazy talents. Sometimes they even have exotic animals like kangaroos and marine animals - I once saw an episode where they'd taught a sea loin to jump through hoops and play basketball with inflatable balls!

What I really like about the show is how they respect the animals. They may teach them tricks for show, but the pet owners and professional handlers are always very loving and gentle. The animals get treats when they perform well, and if they mess up occasionally, the handlers just encourage them to try again. It's not at all an abusive environment - just good clean fun. Like I said, I watch it with my daughter, and I love that it's something we can do together without any worries on my part.

You know, talking about Pet Star has made me want to watch it. It's not morning, but I have satellite TV from http://www.dish.tv/, so I bet it's on *somewhere*. See you guys later!

No comments: