Monday, August 13, 2007

Contract With Myself

Law school started again for me tonight, and I am hoping this year I can avoid some pitfalls that I have fallen into each of the three previous years.

To try to hold myself accountable, I am making a contract with myself. Hard to do in the legal sense, but I will do it nonetheless.

Here is my contract (OK, it really seems more like goals):

1) I will eat well, hold junk food to a minimum, and try to eat dinner before class. I have gained weight each year of law school (luckily taking some of that off each summer) but this year I not only don't want to gain weight, but I want to lose quite a bit also.

2) I will keep up with my weekly assignments and not get behind, so I will not have to cram so much at exam time.

3) I will do regular housecleaning, so I don't get behind and depressed when things look a mess. Here is my tentative schedule: vacuum and dust weekly, do laundry a couple of times a week, and hang up clothes at least weekly. Everyday go through junk mail, and destroy sensitive items and throw away what I can. Try to keep the kitchen table cleared off.

4) Wash dishes every day and don't let them pile up.

5) Clean the bathtub and bathroom sink everyday.

6) Do 15 minutes of housework at a time, whenever I can, as discussed by Fly Lady. That is doable! It is amazing how much you can get done in 15 minutes.

7) Give myself regular manicures and pedicures.

8) Keep manifesting my soulmate.

9) Get more sleep this year.

No comments: