Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Michael Vick Must Be Evil

I was going to title this post Michael Vick Must Be Sick. Or even, Michael Vick Must be a Dick. But that is way too easy on him. I think he must just be evil. I have heard of dog fighting for a long time but really did not pay attention to it. After all, I really don' t like pit bulls anyway. Aren't they just killing machines, and weren't they bred to just fight? Well, maybe not. Since the Vick episode, I have heard some people on TV say that pit bulls are not necessarily mean--like other breeds, it depends on how they are treated.

At this point for me, it doesn't really matter if pit bulls are inherently mean or not. When people engage in dog fighting, they are just being cruel for no reason. What is worse than the fighting itself is how they kill dogs who underperform. Strangling dogs? Electrocuting dogs? Unbelievable. There is enough research out there to say that such people are very dangerous. Many times they do this behavior on animals because they can. And there is research out there to say that people who abuse animals will abuse people.

I have heard that Vick may have to serve up to several years in prison. To me, that is not enough.

No comments: