Friday, August 31, 2007

Value of Clinical Research Trials

If you live near a university research center, and want to help medical research and earn extra money at the same time, you might want to consider checking out clinical research trials.

I just got accepted into another clinical trial today and I am so excited! Not only will it help me with my allergies, but I will earn some extra money, something I desperately need, this last year in law school.

Some people may be scared to participate in clinical trials, but my experience has been wonderful. I have been a healthy, normal volunteer in diabetes trials, smallpox vaccine trials, bird flu trials, and in this case, I do have the allergies that they are testing for. But being protected from bird flu by getting the bird flu vaccine--how cool is that!

Some of the trials are low pay/high hassle factor, while others are high pay/low hassle factor, meaning that you don't have to do much to make good money. This is the case with the current study I am in.

The benefits to participating are many. Not only are you going to help people who have different diseases or syndromes, but you are earning money. On top of that, most of the studies I have participated in have required that I go through extensive medical testing before getting accepted. Because of this, I have had extensive phyiscals at no cost to me and have found out that I am healthy to boot.

There are also private clinical research trial companies around that do similar kinds of studies.

If you have some time to spare and want to help out others, while earning cash, look in your phone book for clinical research opportunities. I am glad that I have.

No comments: