Friday, August 31, 2007

Helmsley Goes to the Dogs

Or I should say Leona Helmsley's fortune goes to her dogs. Don't get me wrong--I am pro dog. Very much so. I am one of those who thinks that if you don't like dogs, there is something wrong with you. I think Michael Vick is satan himself.

But there is something a little wierd about leaving $12 million to your little dog Trouble. Don't you think so? I mean--how much does it cost to keep Trouble up? Vaccines, food, kennel bills, jeweled collars etc., etc., only cost so much. What in the world could you spend $12 million on for a dog?

People have asked if leaving money to an animal is legal. The answer is yes.

But why $12 million? There has to be a reason. What what it was?

I think it is also kind of mean that she cut out two of her grandchildren. She said it was for "reasons known to them." It is mean because she knew that because of who she was that it would make headlines, and therefore embarrass them.

I really think that when people are making their wills, and making their last testament, literally, they should think about how hurtful things can be. After all, there is no chance to make things right after that.

No comments: