Monday, March 17, 2008

Phil Valentine Off Base

Even though I am a liberal, I listen to the wackadoo conservative radio shows sometimes, often because I am tired of music and sometimes because I want to get my jollies. Lately, I have been wincing every time I listen to the Phil Valentine show because he is so wrong about courts. He discusses the Supreme Court's "precedents" as if they were something untoward. He says the court should interpret the Constitution and stop relying on precedents. Um....hello! Obviously, he is either ignorant about the Supreme Court and the Constitution, or he is relying on the fact that his audience is naive. The Supreme Court's interpretation of the Constitution is the law, and begets precedents. It is then decided law. I hope most of his listeners understand his mistakes. I think a civics lession is in store. I hate to think of all the misinformation he is spreading.

No comments: