Saturday, March 15, 2008

PMBR--Torts and Snorts

I started the PMBR review this week and was looking forward to the first lesson, which was on torts. I really wanted the review: It has been 4 years since I had torts and I felt like I had forgotten most of what I learned. I got a C in the course so was afraid I never learned it that well to begin with. The course offered a wonderful collection of attractive nuisance, slip and fall, defamation, and other eclectic cases. While it was fascinating and often entertaining, it also had a reputation for flunking students out. And sure enough a large portion of our class succumbed. My goal was to shore myself up on the subject, to get rid of my deficiency there. But, who has time to revisit old courses when you are still taking new courses? So the PMBR review was the first look at torts for me in a long time. It felt good to get some of those concepts back in my head and get a better understanding of them. I know torts is traditionally offered in the first year of law school, but I really think I could have gotten more out of it if I had taken it in a later year.

No comments: