Friday, September 12, 2008

Country Homes

A group I am in meets at our different homes on about a 4-6 week cycle. Technically we are a book group, but we are almost more a dinner group. And a talking group. Most of us are not best friends, but over a period of years, we have become good friends. Some of our members have neat "getaways" that have been incorporated into the meeting rotation. One member invited us recently for an overnight at her family's farmhouse. I had no idea what to expect, but I did not expect it to be so luxurious. I am not a country girl, but I would be glad to live in style on that farm anytime! I asked my friend if they had hired a decorator, and she said no, that they just incorporated pieces of furniture from all the siblings and parents' homes. It was fabu! They had some nice touches like farmhouse sinks. It really makes me feel I need to spend more time making my surroundings unique and comfortable.

No comments: