Friday, September 19, 2008

There Is No Gas In Nashville!

There is absolutely no gas in Nashville. It is true. It has been spotty for a week or two, but it got really bad last night. All the gas stations were out--I was scared--on empty, when I saw an Exxon station. They only had premium gas. I just had $20 with me, so that didn't go very far. I used half of that today. So I was scrounging around at lunch to find more. NO GAS. ANYWHERE. Someone told me she had just gotten gas at Sam's Club. I went out there about 4 p.m., and luckily filled my tank. She told me they would be out of gas after 80 more cars. Driving home, all the gas stations out. One BP station still had gas, and the line of cars was way down the street. Their gas won't last long. It is really awful. Apparently we are at the end of the pipeline coming from Houston. They say we will get more gas either over the weekend or next week. It is going to be awful. People caught unawares. And people driving through Nashville on their way somewhere else won't be able to get gas. Unbelievable.

No comments: