Friday, September 12, 2008

Difficult Bosses

Some of you who have read my blog for a while know that I do not like difficult bosses. I have one now. I also had one in my previous job. Before that, I had the good fortune to have many good bosses. So I know the difference between a good and a difficult boss. To me, a good boss puts his/her ego aside for the sake of the company and the employees. They know they don't have all the answers, and they respect others' opinions. They are not controlling and do not micromanage. They create an environment where people thrive and can do their best work. There are a lot of other things I could put in this pile, but I will save that for another time. On the other hand bad bosses are pretty much the opposite of this. Again, there are a lot of other things I could put in this pile, but again I will leave that for another time. I got together with a friend last night from my previous workplace and was saddened to hear that Broom Hilda was even worse than before. Rude, disrespectful of employees, and has no clue how much she doesn't know. The only good thing is it sounds from what my friend says that the higher ups are catching on to her. That is good news. Maybe it won't be long before she is gone. She has ruined that workplace, and that should never be tolerated.

No comments: