Sunday, December 21, 2008

Gift Cards: Even Better Gifts This Season

Many people give Gift cards --you don't have to stress about what to get someone, and the recipients can buy what they want. I have given Gift cards many times. My budget is always on the low side, and on more than one occasion, when I have had to buy a book for my book club, or a quick gift for someone else--and I was low on money--I would remember a gift card that someone had given me that would do the trick.

This month I will be using two gift cards that people have already given me. One is for the local mall, and the other is an American Express gift card. I am going on vacation in January, and yes, once again my wallet is very low on funds. I am going to use the gift cards to buy at least one bathing suit and some shorts, tops etc. that I can use on my cruise. Very handy, because I wouldn't have the money to buy those items right now without the cards.

Such cards will be even better gifts this holiday season, as merchandise is sure to be deep cut after Christmas, and the purchasing power will go even farther.

No comments: