Monday, December 1, 2008

Mystery Shopping Gives A Glimpse Into Apartment Living

I have been mystery shopping for a little while. Since summer to be exact. Once you decipher the "mystery" and get used to the lingo, it is actually fun. You won't get rich from mystery shopping, but I have made a nice little pile of cash that will help me out with my vacation this year. I can't take too many jobs right now, because they are time consuming, with the long reports they usually want, and I have to be careful of my time as I study for the bar exam again. So, I have quickly weeded out the lower paying jobs.

Some of my favorite jobs have been the apartment shops. You go to a leasing office at a specific apartment complex and pretend like you are interested in renting an apartment. I have been to some high rent and also some low rent complexes. I haven't lived in an apartment for a while, so it has been interesting to peek into that lifestyle again. The rents at the nicer complexes are so high! I think it would be hard for just one person with an average income to be able to afford some of these places. I did two shops last week and pretended that I needed to move into an apartment by Christmas. If I were really doing that, I would need to scramble and pack and check out moving trucks. With studying for the bar exam and all, I am glad I really don't have to do that right now.

No comments: