Monday, September 5, 2011

Bidding For Merchandise Online

I have an Ebay account and have bought and sold a  number of items. I started buying my law textbooks online this way, when I got tired of paying full price for them, and I realized it didn't really matter if I got the latest edition or not. I have also gotten a number of Christmas gifts by bidding and some other odds and ends. And when I got out of law school and passed the bar exam, I put a number of my books up for sale as well. It is always so much fun to see your item up there and to see how many people have looked at it, and what the bids are.

I have tried to sell some other things as well, including the final edition of a hometown paper. I did not get any takers for that, so I pulled it down and will put it back up at some time. I also used half.com to buy a lot of my textbooks too.

There are some other sites that have popped up in recent years, not all bidding sites, but unique sites were you can either bid on items or get group discounts. Groupon.com, socialliving.com, dealfun.com are just a few of them. A good deal is always a good thing!

No comments: