Sunday, September 11, 2011

Lawsuit Settlements

Don't you just love those commercials on TV where the classical singers in costume sing about lawsuit loans? I think the ads are very creative. (But they do wear on you  after a while.)

As a new lawyer, I have not been involved in any personal injury work yet, so none of my clients have had to deal with a lawsuit cash advance. But I could take such a cash at any time, so it is good for me to be aware of the options for such clients. I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to be awarded a huge lawsuit settlement, but not to be able to tap into it for a long time.

There are many options out there such as presettlement funding that I need to learn about. All the better for clients to be able to access the money that they have won and are entitled to receive. It is heartbreaking to hear about clients who may be destitute while waiting for a big settlement to come through.

No comments: