Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Solo Law Practice

I still have an itty bitty solo law practice, but that's OK. I have a full-time non-law job, so I can only do so much, ya know? I would like to do more law, and maybe I will someday. But I would need to make some changes. Like let some things go in my life, so I have more time. And I need to do some more self study in practice areas. And I might need a paralegal. And to locate some good good court reporting services.

Sometimes I still feel so dumb about legal things. Like when do you have to supply your own court reporting services? I know we talked about that in moot court, but that was several years ago now. Last time I volunteered at the legal clinic, a paralegal gave me his card and said I could hire him freelance--that he had been let go. I did realize that if I had a knowledgeable paralegal, that could open the door for me to take on more cases. I will have to give that some though. Now if someone would give me the names of some good court reporting services, I might be set to go to the next level.

It will be interesting to see what my future will be like!

No comments: