Sunday, September 25, 2011

I May Need To Get Life Insurance

I have never really needed life insurance before. Sure, it would be good to have it to cover burial expenses and pay off my bills if I should die. I could have used it for that, but never really bothered. I have some paltry life insurance at work but not enough to take care of much.. I don't have dependents, so it never seemed important for me to investigate it.

Things may be different in the near future.  A young relative of mine may come to live with me, and I will be her caretaker. Her guardian, her custodian--however you want to call it. Things aren't good for her at home, and I have offered to take care of her. If so, she may be moving in with me in a couple of months.

Now suddenly I am thinking I should get life insurance. Probably term life--I hear that is best. I wonder where I can get a survey template to find out good rates?? I am hoping I could get a good rate. But I am not a 20-something anymore, and not even a 30-something either. So my rates will be higher, but hopefully still manageable. I already have a private disability policy, so maybe I could get a survey template from that company.

I am not a smoker and I am in pretty good health, so I should be approved. In the next few months, I will definitely take the plunge, fill out a survey template, and get signed up. I'll feel better once this is all taken care of.

No comments: