Sunday, September 25, 2011

When In Business For Yourself, You Worry About Getting Paid

Now that I am a lawyer, I am thinking about things like how to get business. I am just doing it part time, and am not ready to go full time, but I will at some point. I will need to know when to make that switch. But with more clients come more work and more billing. But how do you do that in an effiicient way and make sure you get paid?

I guess there aer not easy answers to making sure you get paid part. But there are systems and people out there that can help with such office tasks as billing.

A good friend of mine is a physical therapist, and she would like to go out on her own, but she is concernd about her physical therapy billing. Her work days are so busy helping patients, and would be even more so if she goes on her own, so when would she have time for physcal therapy billing and all other aspects of office work that would need to be done. And I know there are aspects of medicare and medicaid that she is concerned about now. Are those programs going to change, and if so, how would that affect physical therapy billing?

For right now, I think she is Ok with continuing to work at the nursing home, where others take care of these issues. But if and when she steps out and starts her own practice, these are things she will have to figure out.

No comments: