Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cleaning Out My Closets

I have been cleaning and organizing my small condo for some time now. It has taken so long, you would think I owned a mansion. I don't know why housework and house organizing takes me so long. I can do work work all day long and get a lot accomplished, but give me a little housework to do, and I hardly make any progress at all.

And I know my friends wonder why it takes me so long. They ask me to do something, and I say, no--I have junk mail to sort, drawers to clean out, and closets to clean. My stash of girls belts alone will take a ton of time to go through.

Then, I have to sort my books and give some away. Then clean out the drawers and the heavy sweaters I don't wear anymore. Then clean out the kitchen cupboards to be able to store more food. But back to the closets.

Somehow I have to merge two closets into one. Give enough clothes away to move clothes from the guest bedroom closet into my closet. And then I have to get rid of a lot of accessories: shoes, purses, girls belts that I have accumulated, etc. Regarding the girls belts, it makes me sad, because some of them are so small, and I wish I could still fit into them. But I am not going to keep them. Even if I lose as much weight as I want, I will never lose that much!

No comments: