Thursday, October 20, 2011

Going To Visit My Friend In The Hospital

I found out the other day that a high school friend of mine is in the hospital. She was sick way back then, but got better. Seems the old illness has come back, and it has been exacerbated by a bad drug. She sounds like she is in a realy bad way. She will probably get better once again, but she will have a long road to recovery. Another mutual high school friend and I are going to see her this weekend. She has already been to see her, and she has prepared me. She doesn't look well, she has difficulty talking, and basically seems worse than she really is. She did not get to talk with her much, as nurses in their brightly colored nursing scrubs were coming in and out of the room, as was the speech therapist and family members. I hate to think of her in this position--she is so sweet and nice. She loves her job, so I hope she can keep it--she has been out of work for quite a while now. I hope she has a full recovery. It is just not fair.

No comments: