Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Jobs That Don't Require Education

The title of this post might seem weird. I am all about education, so why am I writing about jobs that don't need education? Maybe because in this day and age, it is good to get any job, education required or not!
I talked with a high school friend yesterday who is very down on his luck. He is highly educated--has a law degree and has extensive work experience. But a series of bad or untimely career decisions has left him out of work, and down on his luck. I am actually feeling kind of worried about him.

I was trying to think of what he could do and do quickly to make some money. I saw an ad for drivers wanted that I thought I would tell him about. Such a job would be out of his comfort zone--but which is better--to be out of your comfort zone or homeless? I think the former. I told him about the drivers wanted
ad, but he didn't really understand what I was talking about, so he will have to read it for himself and make up his mind. I have seen a number of drivers wanted ads in recent weeks, so it may be something that people can do start doing quickly and painlessly. I guess it wouldn't be everybody's cup of tea, but it wouldn't hurt him to look into it.

No comments: