Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Miss Being Around A Business School

I used to work at a business school, and I miss those days. I picked up a lot of business concepts and terms, like hedge funds, derivatives, supply chain, and Business valuation NYC. I attended lectures given by prominent CEOs from around the world, and conferences featuring leading speakers from government and business.

Sometimes I sat in on classes too and would wonder what it was like to really be an MBA student. When they would toss around phrases like Business valuation NYC or IPO, sometimes it would go over my head, but at other times, it would sink in. I thought for a while about getting an MBA, since the graduates seemed to be so successful. But I think I made the right decision in getting a law degree instead.

But even more important than learning terms such as Business valuation NYC and triple bottom line, was the energy that I gained from those at the school. I learned from them that it is OK to keep learning, keep trying new things, and making and building new things. That you can reinvent yourself. I can't say enough how important these lessons were for me, as I embarked on my new careers. I am forever grateful.

No comments: