Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Marketing Uptick

Things are looking up on the marketing front at our company. The new Website is up and running, even though we are not getting a lot of orders through it yet. I keep telling the others at work that we need to promote the new Website when talking with customers. I hope they are doing it--I am not around to hear what they say to customers in person or on the phone.

Now we are working on the second phase of the Website--where our customers can log in and check the status of their orders. That will be cool!

I have come to realize how far behind our industry is in terms of Website technology and such. Many of the companies don't even have a Website. Yikes! It is good for us though, because it makes us ahead of the pack.

We are also redoing our ad that will run in a trade magazine. I am so glad. The company has run the same stodgy ad for so long. We have created a new ad that will run. It was a rush job--I had mentioned I wanted to redo the ad, but it had not been talked about in a long time. My relative boss came out last week and said let's do it now. The ad is due to the publisher next week. It is a good first start. We will continue working on better ads. Things are looking up!

No comments: