Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Moot Court Blues--Episode 2

Well, my moot court trial is approaching, and I am not prepared. I am freaking out. Luckily we have a pretty easy case. I have to do opening and closing statements. I will work on the opening ones today. I got on Westlaw and found some good tips for opening and closing statements. We didn't have much time to prepare for our case to begin with, and then I just had two tests, so my time has been fragmented.

I am so tired today and not sure why. Oh...that's right! No sleep. Or not much sleep. I actually fell in the shower this morning when I was trying to shave my legs--not good. Then I tripped over my shoes in the living room. Not good again. Now I am sitting at my desk at work still half asleep. I better watch out--I seem to be a walking time bomb today. Accident prone--I will be careful.

I did buy a suit for the trial, my first suit in years. I don't like wearing suits--they look horrible on me. This one isn't too bad. It has a short jacket, which fits me much better. I will try to find a cool blouse to go with it. After all, I have to be the hip district attorney! That is if I don't stumble off a cliff by accident between now and then!

No comments: