Monday, November 19, 2007

Nap Time

Research came out recently touting the value of naps. Naps help reduce blood pressure and have other benefits. No news there. Other countries with siestas have known that for eons.

I didn't use to be able to take naps, but taught myself how. In my previous job, on occasion, I would close my door, pull up another chair, put my feet up, and nap for 20 minutes. I would feel so much better. A Power Nap.

(One of my colleagues there once told me she had a dream that I was in my office with the door closed, draped over two chairs. I almost choked. "Hmm," I said, "isn't that interesting!' I didn't want to tell her she must be psychic.)

Now in my new job, I don't have an office with a door, so I can't take naps. There have been a few times when I felt I needed one. Oh well, I have survived.

There has also been some other research to come out recently that says women with jobs clean house less. No news there. We have known that for years.......

No comments: