Monday, May 26, 2008

The Day After the Day After Law Graduation

I want to write this post before the feelings from graduation disappear. First, it is hard to have any feelings about graduation--We had to start studying for the bar review before we even finished our exams from law school, so there is sort of a letdown. We haven't had time to celebrate or be happy about graduating. Just the forward motion of going on to the next deadline.

But when our class speaker said from the podium about all of the sacrifices we have all put into our degree, I did have a moment where I teared up. I didn't want to cry, so I stifled it. There were a couple of other moments like that. It has taken us four years to get our degree; some spent a longer time. There have been sacrifices, be it family, health, financial, social. We have all had the stress of working full time and going to night law school. Not an easy task by any means. You have to juggle a million balls. All of us at graduation realized that there were many points along the way that would have prevented us from being there that day. And getting that degree. And we are all humbled by that. Even typing this, I teared up a minute ago.

So maybe I don't feel the rush and yayas from graduation that you might think. But I appreciate and celebrate the fact that I was able to walk across that stage. And having family at the ceremony certainly meant a lot to me.

No comments: