Friday, May 2, 2008

My Last Class

I had my last class Thursday night. It was anticlimatic. None of my friends took the course, so there was no one to go celebrate with afterwards. The course was good--very practical, useful info--and an area of law in which I might even want to practice, but for some reason the teacher was harder to connect with than some of the others. And at the end of the class, no one clapped. Students always clap at the end of the last class when they particularly liked the course or the teacher. No clapping last night. I felt kind of bad, but am hoping maybe he doesn't know the tradition. I kind of wish I had ended with a class that was a little more "holistic," whatever I mean by that. It just left me a little sad, but it shouldn't. I think I am just starting to get sad that this will soon be all over. Maybe a little thinking about my three upcoming tests that I am sorely unprepared for will cure me of that.

No comments: