Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Work Headaches

I nearly blew a gasket at work yesterday. I just got my last law school grade on Monday, and I started BarBri yesterday. I am still not getting enough sleep. So, I am a little on edge perhaps. We have started doing some government work in our business, and while it is interesting and gratifying, it is so detailed it can be a nightmare. The phrase "close enough for government work" does not apply here.

I love details, but usually when I am dealing with details, I am dealing with them myself. I see every detail through from start to finish. Not so here. The work on these projects start, and poof it goes all over the building, everybody doing something to it. I am the one overseeing this work, and I need to keep on top of every step along the way to make sure everything gets done. That is fine, but the workers are not used to that. And they also don't want to change the system, even though some have been good at making at effort to do this. It is not work as usual for us anymore, and we have to be at the top of our game. We weren't at the top of our game yesterday, and we almost forgot to do a key part of the project. I just have to figure out a way for us to be excellent at this. Even Barbri is more relaxing.

No comments: