Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Voted No For Nashville English Only Amendment

I voted early yesterday in Nashville's election for the English Only Amendment. I got there in the knick of time--they were closing the polling place, but I got there just in time. I asked the pollsters if they were having a good turnout, and they said they had had about 1000 people vote a day. Which is great for a special election like this. I am hoping the vast majority of those voting are voting no. The proposal is ridiculous, and it is a waste of time. Most of the people and efforts I hear aimed at the amendment seem to be against the proposal. I think the conservatives who want the amendment are probably really be too lazy to go vote. Which is fine by me. We progressives do have the energy to do the right thing.

No comments: