Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mad Madoff

I have been watching the news about the financial mess. Which financial mess, you may be thinking? Well, all of them, but I think the news about the frauds of the financial planners, or whatever you call them, is fascinating. I can use a word like fascinating, because they did not steal my money. If they had stolen my money, I would use the word horrifying. Come to think of it, I will use the word horrifying anyway. It is horrifying that anyone would steal money like that and leave people in the lurch. Apparently Madoff was aware that he did not have a good pedigree--he hadn't gone to the top schools and such. So, he made his business exclusive by only accepting money from some people. You felt like it was a privilege for him to invest your money. Sort of like a money version of Studio 54. Even though the investors had a lot of money, they don't necessarily now. And apparently, his fraud is even affecting some charities in New York. If that isn't horrifying, I don't know what is.

No comments: