Saturday, March 19, 2011

Approved For Private Disability Insurance

I feel on top of the world today. I applied for private disability insurance two months ago and found out today that I was approved. And I didn't even have to have a health exam, quite a feat, since I am middle age, and it is harder as you get older to get approved. I feel like it is a stamp of approval for me somehow.

Of course, I have to cough up $100/month for it, a little sore point, since I could get it for $5/month at work if my stubborn boss felt like letting us have it. And the company wouldn't even have to pay anything for it! Our trade association said that if at least two people at work wanted it (and believe me there are many who would like it) we only had to pay $5 a month each for it. Talked with my boss, and he said he didn't see any need for it. I can't believe how stupid and selfish that response is. So I have to pay $95/more just because he doesn't see the need for it.

But on the positive note, at least I have the coverage now. And I feel financially more secure in a way that I didn't just two days ago.

No comments: