Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Close Friend From Law School Just Died

I am devastated and heartbroken. One of my closest friends from law school just died a couple of days ago. She died in her sleep. They don't know why. She had had a bug for a couple of weeks, and then suddenly she was gone. It doesn't make sense. I don't understand death (who does?) and I don't handle it well either. How could she be here one day and gone the next? She was always so alive. So excited, so giving, such a friend. Everyone who knew her is so upset. I still think about calling her and talking to her about something, and then I remember. Oh yeah. She is not here anymore. Just can't grasp it.

I did want to send flowers to the church for the service. I had a Proflowers radio code so decided to use it then so I could get a nicer arrangement. The service was touching and lovely. And the flowers were gorgeous. There is something about flowers at a funeral that helps soften it, just even a little.

No comments: