Saturday, March 19, 2011

Cute Rain Boots Can Be The Perfect Fancy Dress Accessory

In my previous post, I talked about how I go once in a while to chi-chi horse events--I have been to the Kentucky Derby (not the infield) , some others in Kentucky, the Iroquois Steeplechase in Nashville and others. People dress to the nine--wearing beautiful summer and spring dresses, and shoes and hats to die for. I was in Nashville a couple of years ago when they had a monsoon the morning of the Steeplechase. Everyone was wondering if they should still go, as it would be a mud pit. My friend and I decided to go, me in my new great skirt and top and new hat. And I wore sandals. Big mistake! My feet were covered in mud not long after I got there, and it was hard to walk around with mud squishing between your toes.

Some people were smart and were wearing rain boots. They were in all kinds of fun and bright colors and patterns and actually went pretty well with the fancy dresses. Those wearing those boots were the only ones able to walk around without difficulty. I have been meaning to get some to keep on hand--just in case.

No comments: