Thursday, June 5, 2008

Star Gazing

I am certainly a dabbler at life, which means that a lot of things appeal to me, at least in theory and sometimes I get to try them out and sometimes I don't. Astronomy always appealed to me, until I took it as an elective in college and had a teacher older than Mars himself. He made it no fun, believe me! But I still think that gazing at stars would be neat, even though I have not really done it myself much. In Nashville, there is the Dyer Observatory, which is often open to the public, and it is wonderful. They have a very powerful telescope there. There is also an area at Percy Warner Park, where people gather occasionally with their Telescopes, especially when there is a noted cosmic event happening. It always looks like fun when I drive by and see them.

No comments: