Thursday, October 28, 2010

Got My First Bad Rating Through Elance

I am bummed--I think I have gotten my first bad review today through Elance. I am saying I think I have, because my rating went down today, even though no negative review has been posted yet. I called Elance to talk about it and to find out what is going on. They said sometimes the profile takes a while to catch up to the rating. So even though I can see my rating has gone down, I won't be able to see the review until midnight or so.

I know why I got it. I was supposed to write 4 blog posts a week on a law topic. They told me it would take 30 minutes. Are they crazy? To figure out what to write, research it, write it, tweak it, and then post it to the blog? More like a couple of hours of work. And all for $10 a piece to boot.

I was late on some of the posts. Give me a break. They got quality work, and they had a queue of posts backed up for days. If I was late, it didn't really matter.

I was an editor for years, and as long as my writers gave me quality work, I would work with them on the schedule.

No more $10 blog posts for me, meaning the kind where you have to do research on a certain topic. That is a slow death for sure.

No comments: