Thursday, October 21, 2010

Looking for Halloween Costumes

Written by Shannon Tillman

I couldn't help but be excited this year when Halloween rolled around. I love all the spooky stuff. The only problem is trying to figure out what kind of costume I want to wear. Normally I'd so something classic with a twist. I like the idea of a vampire this year, but all of the twilight stuff kind of ruined it for me. Vampires should not sparkle in the sunlight.

Since I had no other ideas yet, I chose to head out earlier to find an idea. After I set my home security alarm (Detroit ADT HOME SECURITY specials) I considered what I wanted to do this year. Over the last few years I had been everything from a zombie samurai to a bondage demon. That had been a rather daring outfit to say the least!

I went to several costume shops and chain stores but nothing seemed to be coming to mind. I didn't want to be cheesy and pick a movie costume. There are a lot of people that like to be Freddy Kreuger or Na'vi from Avatar. What I wanted was something traditional but unique.

It took all day searching and I never found what I was looking for. However, despite my failure I will persevere. There are thousands of costume ideas. I simply need to settle on one and make it happen.

The next few days I squeezed in some shopping time as well, while trying to figure out what I wanted to be. It wasn't until the idea of Avatar crossed my mind again that I finally hit on one. I didn't want to be a Na'vi, but a catman oriented concept wouldn't be a bad one. In the end a few more ideas came and I ended up deciding on a ludicrous but interesting design. In some ways it would be like a grown up version of Puss N' Boots. A cat-pirate might be just the way to go this year.

No comments: