Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I'm A Flag Football Maniac

Thanks for the article from Rubin Osborne

It's fall. Do you know what that means? It means it's football season. And this is meant in more ways than one. I'm a flag football fanatic. In other words, I play as much flag football as I possibly can. The only dilemma I have with the game is a good dilemma. I never know if I should play cornerback, which I probably should, or rush the QB, which is a lot of fun. There's a simple solution on offense - I play WR. I can't play QB for my life. I can throw a baseball or any other round object well, but not a football. I don't know why, but those are the facts and I have to live with them. WR can still be fun. Once I catch the ball, I always try to make the first guy miss. This can be done with a hop-step, a fake lateral, a spin move, and more. Prior to catching the ball is also important. If the defense is in a zone, I love just finding a hole in that zone and staying there until my QB finds me. It's pretty simple. If the defense is playing man, I think I have an advantage.

I'm so into flag football that when I turn on my satellite tv from http://www.directstartv.com/directv_programming/directv_seasonal_sports.html and watch the NFL games, I'm constantly trying to see and remember new moves. These guys are the best football players in the world. If I can mimic their moves in my flag football league, I can do some serious damage.

No comments: