Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Law and Order: Stupid Administration Unit

I really think there should be a new television show: Law and Order: Stupid Administration Unit that explores all the corrupt and just plain stupid acts the president and his administration seem to do on a regular basis. I will get back to that in a minute.

In typical fashion, I left on my trip to visit my sister in Virginia much later than planned. Didn't leave the house until almost 11 a.m., which put me here in Charlottesville at midnight. I made a couple of stops along the way, which made the trip longer.

I spent most of the trip listening to torts tapes. Why in the world did I do that? I had torts three years ago. I wanted to listen to the tapes because I am taking the bar exam in a year, and I need a refresher. If I don't do that refresher now, once school starts again, there will be no chance. I'll be caught up in all the 4th year classes, and the refresher idea will go out the window. It is amazing how much easier it is to understand torts now when you have two more years of law school under your belt. As a first year, it was overwhelming and confusing. I really think that torts is one of the most interesting subjects--covering everything from med mal to slip and fall cases. One of the most hilarious cases I remember from torts class was one we called "Stirring the Shit." It was about this subdivision which contained a small lake that got polluted from sewage from the homes. It was discovered that if someone drove a boat everyday in the lake, and stirred up the sewage, it wouldn't smell. That was a fun night in class. We said that driving that boat would have to be one of the worst jobs in the world.

In between the tapes in the car, I took a radio breather. A lot of the news was about Scooter Libby. I heard some interesting things, including that one of the reasons the president probably commuted Libby's sentence was so he wouldn't turn on Bush and Cheney and spill the beans on them. I wouldn't doubt this for one minute.

No comments: