Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Summer Quickly Passing

It is only a month before law school starts, and I am starting to freak out. I have so many personal projects to do in that time, mostly involving organizing both my home and my law school material. I also have to review as much as I can for the MPRE test and some of the other subjects I have already had. Plus I need to lose weight, exercise......and save the world! Well maybe not save the world, but I do have a lot on my plate.

Just going to talk about odds and ends tonight. It is nice at work to know enough to correct my own mistakes. Like in billing and ordering at our manufacturing company, for instance. When I first started, I would make a mistake and have no idea how to fix it. And my relative could be such as ass about my making mistakes. Even though, he makes mistakes, but I guess that doesn't count. But now, a lot of the time, when I make a mistake, I know that I made a mistake and know how to fix it. And that is a nice feeling. And I am getting better at dealing with numbers, which is a conquest for this word person.

At my last meeting with my language partner, she brought up the dreaded D word, as in "dog." As in dog that you eat, I guess. I have heard all of those stories about Chinese eating dog, but frankly I can't stomach it. When we got together the other night, I think she said how dog dishes differ depending on what city in China you are in. I am hoping I misheard her. I just would not be able to eat dog. Sorry.

I vaguely heard the news that Al Qaida is upset over Salman Rushie. Surprising since the brouhaha over his book was quite a while ago. I remember it very vividly as, Ayatollah Khomeini threatened to blow up a British Airways jet the same week I was flying on a British Airways jet to Spain. I wasn't going to stay home because of that, but I admit I was pretty nervous because of it.

No comments: