Thursday, July 12, 2007

Needed: Collegiality at Company

One minute I am talking about law school, and the next minute I am talking about my job at our manufacturing company. Hard to keep up with? I hope not--but I warned you that my life is flipping between different worlds and that it is going at 5,000 miles a minute! Plus I am posting a second post today, but I thought both of these deserved their own title.

So much for being able to correct my own mistakes. OK--I can correct most of my mistakes at this point, but yesterday I entered a credit memo wrong in the billing. Yeah--big deal. But a few at work found this to be breaking news or something. My future partner at the company and I talked about this after hours, and agreed that we need to make the environment at the company more cooperative and collegial. I come from a very collegial environment (OK, not everyone was collegial all the time, but it was recognized as an important goal), and I think it is a good way to operate. If collegiality is a goal, then teamwork will be easier to achieve. Like finding a more respectful way to show someone they have made a mistake, etc. The way they go on about things like that at our company, it is pretty clear they don't have enough to think about.

No comments: