Thursday, July 26, 2007

My Man Bill Maher

I am crazy about Bill Maher. He is my favorite comedian, but more than that, I think he is very smart about politics. (He is cute too!) I don't agree with him on everything, of course, but it is amazing how much my views match his. I loved his old show, Politically Incorrect. It was my favorite show, followed by second favorite show, Nightline. I even sat in his studio audience once for Politically Incorrect. I loved being there, despite the fact that you had to get to the studio an inordinate amount of time before the taping. I was sitting to his right, and we made eye contact during the night. I loved it!

I even like to fantasize that I had something to do with the evolution of his show. While sitting in the audience, they had cards for us to fill out about who we would like to see on the show, and I wrote, "my friends." Shortly after that, he started featuring regular people on the show--people who weren't celebrities or politicians, just average people. I really wanted to be one of those people too! Oh well.......

I hated the fact that he got booted from ABC after his 9/11 comment. He was scheduled to speak here in Nashville around that time, and that show got cancelled. It had nothing to do with anything or anyone in Nashville cancelling it--I heard that ABC made him cancel all of his appearances. I was so disappointed. I wanted to see him live again!

His new show on HBO is also very good. I wish it were on all year round, instead of being seasonal. I really like his take on things, and my sense of humor is also a lot like his too.

No comments: