Monday, July 16, 2007

My last law school registration, sigh

I registered today for the last time for law school. I am still sort of tired from last year (maybe that is because I still stay up too late to watch TV and other things), and it is not that I am looking forward to getting into the law school fray again. But I am really going to miss law school. Not the expense, not the stress, but I am going to miss the study of law and the community that is there. I guess I am just that kind of person--I love activities that involve a group of people with a common goal. I have run marathons and been in marching bands in the past, which gave me the same sense of community and fulfillment.

Don't get me wrong--law school is an individual effort. When it comes down to it, you are taking the tests yourself, and you are trying to do the best individual job you can. But it is also a group effort in that you are taking classes together, studying together, laughing and complaining together, and comparing notes on all sorts of subjects, some of which are law.

The courses I signed up for are constitutional law, conflicts of law, two courses dealing with financial thingies, domestic relations, mortgages, first amendment, social security disability, and moot court. I am happy that my moot court team from last year is staying together. Hope we do as well on our case as we did last year.

No comments: