Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tiny Dancer

I have always been an Elton John fan and have even seen him several times in concert, including the time he played a cancer fundraiser for a friend of his at the Grand Old Opry venue. It was hard to get tickets to that one, but I managed it. I also saw him several times in an outdoor venue, at a joint concert with Paul McCartney, and in his early days at my college gymnasium. My favorite songs of his include "Your Song" and "Benny and the Jets." I never cared that much for "Rocket Man," but the last time I heard him in concert, he had played such a marvelous improvization of that song that I couldn't help falling love with it. I also always liked "Tiny Dancer," but never paid much attention to it. That song keeps springing up in TV and radio spots here and there, and it has reminded me what a wonderful song it is. I just heard it a few minutes ago on the soundtrack to Big Love, my new guilty pleasure on HBO. It sounded absolutely beautiful.

No comments: