Friday, November 18, 2011

Clearing Out My T-Shirt Collection

Part of cleaning out my closets and decluttering my home involved dealing with my T-shirt collection. My T-shirt collection was more than 25 years old. I had T-shirts from junior high swim team, high school, college, alumni band, travels, animals, concerts, charity events, reunions, and even funny tshirts that I had for no reason. My closet swelled with all of these shirts. Couldn't even get my good clothes in correctly--thing were always scrunched in my closet and wrinkled. Some of the shirts were so old, I couldn't fit into anymore--those from junior high. Others were so old the design had worn off. Others I was just tired of. So in the trash bag they went, and either out to the garbage, or to Goodwill. I did keep some that are particularly sentimental, and I am planning to make a quilt out of them. (It's kind of pricey though. It's on my to-do list.) Now I am just more careful when buying T-shirts. I don't have the room, don't want to spend the money, and most of the time, I don't wear them.

No comments: