Friday, November 18, 2011

Need To Update Equipment At Some Point

Since I am still only doing law part time, and I don't have a real office, I do not feel the need to update any office equipment. Especially since I don't really have any, except my netbook. I haven't even figured out how to use my printer at home. I've had so few clients that I haven't had to really start worrying about handling and storing a multitude of documents. But I do see that my system has some holes, and they are just going to get bigger as I start handling more legal problems.

One is, I need some scanner software, because there are just too many times that I need to turn something into a PDF, for example, and right now I just don't have the ability.  I also need a home fax machine, and a good color printer. I am thinking I can get one machine that does all three things. I do have an iPhone now, which is good. I have a 4 pixel camera, which is fairly good, but now you can get 12 pixel cameras for under $100, and that would be even better. It is amazing how much work you can get down without all of this apparati, but it sure would be helpful to have and fun to boot.

I am probably going to buy some nice cherry filing cabinets for home. A friend of mine told me I can use her office anytime I need to, so that is a good option. I am looking forward to the future and love being a LAWYER!

No comments: