Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Friend Had To Close His Restaurant

I am sad that a friend had to close his restaurant recently. It was a fun little hangout, and I had hopes it would turn into my "Cheers." It had good food and even better drinks. Seemed like it had all the right ingredients, no pun intended, to succeed. Good ambiance, friendly staff. It was close enough to downtown that people could go there for lunch or stop by after work. Except that they didn't. Every time I drove by, there were fewer cars in the parking lot. I stopped by when I could, and I was going to take my family there. But it closed before I could. He could not afford to lose money week after week, so he had to cut his losses. He had a lot to do to close the doors, including sell his restaurant supplies. It is sad, but I have heard for years that the restaurant business is extremely hard, and many do not make it.

No comments: