Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Cancer Is Such A Terrible Thing

I really hate cancer. I do. I want it out of the universe and gone. Everyone in my family who has died had cancer. And some of my friends have succumbed to the terrible disease as well. Most of my family members have died of lung cancer, so I have never smoked. And I try to stay away from those who do. I also used to be really good at following an anti-cancer vitamen regimen, but that has gone by the wayside a little bit. I want to start doing it again.

Some cancers have had some success. Breat cancer for one. You can see the pink cancer awareness ribbons and feel good that so much time and attention has gone into research for breast cancer.

Childhood leukeumia is another one. I don't know if there are cancer awareness ribbons for leukemia. The ALL version, the type that mostly strikes children, has had a lot of success. Most are cured now!

But there are so many awful cancers where there is no hope in sight. Lung cancer, pancreatic, sarcomas--all terrible death sentences. Again, I don't know if these individual cancers have cancer awareness ribbons, but I hope they do. We need cancer to be a thing of the past, once and for all.

No comments: