Friday, November 11, 2011

Hoarders Show--Unbelieveable!

There are some unreal reality shows out there today. I don't mean they aren't real life (as some complain) but that they are unreal. Who would think about creating a show about real addicts, or little people with pit bulls, or any number of the topics? I have to admit, I am somewhat of a reality show junkie. I don't watch cooking shows or fashion shows, except once in a while. I have watched the real estate shows some, and they are addictive. Oh heck--what am I saying? Most of the reality shows are addictive. My secret pleasures are the Real Housewives series. I always say I watch those franchises because I don't have enough drama in my life. Right!

The one that is the most unreal to me is Hoarders. Hard to believe that people live like that. Sometimes when I watch it, I almost feel like a voyeur (but that doesn't stop me.). I guess it is the disbelief that keeps us watching. Seriously, how can people live like that? Sometimes my house gets messy, and it might have looked like a mini hoard when I was in law school (who has time for housework when you are worrying about your torts or contracts exams?). But even then, at some point, I picked up things and threw them away. These hoarders have some truly disgusting homes.

Almost every week, you see Houston junk removal teams come to help clean up messes there, or other junk removal teams cleaning up in whatever city they are filming in. These teams appear to be quite efficient, as more often than not, they clean up a total disaster area in two days. Quite a feat.

I wonder what the Houston employees think when the Houston junk removal  trucks are called to a certain location. I wonder if they are warned ahead of time if it is a hoarder? Or do they just find out when they show up. I would hope they get fair warning as to whether it would be an easy job or one of the bad hoarding jobs.

It is good that there are such companies as Houston junk removal and the other Got Junk franchises. Because if they didn't exist, the hoards might never be cleaned up. It is just too bad that people get to that point. On the show they say hoarding is a form of OCD, and I guess it is. Something goes haywire for sure, and it makes their lives miserable.

No comments: