Friday, November 18, 2011

Mom Is Recuperating Well

I was really worried when I heard my mom needed laser spinal surgery. She had had a minor stroke only a few years before, and I was afraid the surgery would cause another one. I have no idea if that could be true, but when strokes are involved, you worry.when and if another might strike. Her regular doctor did not want her to do it because of the stroke.

Well, the surgery went well, and in  retrospect, I am glad she did it. The surgery has made her feel so much better, and she has better mobility and less pain, which is great. She can travel and even exercise a bit. And there have been no more strokes. I am feeling very grateful about all of this, and I know she is too. I guess she just followed her gut about the surgery, and it turned out to be the right choice.

No comments: